The King of the Golden Globe satisfied smile. The golden statue of the best dramatic actor. Colin Firth on January 16, was awarded the Foreign Press Association for his role as George VI's speech in the movie King The monarch in question was the father of the Elizabeth II's great-grandfather of the groom promoted William.
"I am proud to have been able to interpret King George VI, among other things, married to a woman who we loved all of us Anglo-Saxons, the Queen Mother. This is a film in which I believed from the first reading of the script: the story of a quiet man like me, who was sentenced by the choice of his brother to become king and, especially, suffers from stuttering. Why in the thirties of the radio and speeches live to millions of listeners, the fact that the king had in him was stammering something poignant. I hope you like the film in Italy. I do not speak English monarchy, but by love of your country. Umbria in particular, where I and Livia (Livia Giuggioli, his wife ndb) we have a house: you are my second home. It should feel like our friends tease me, as soon as I start to mess around and throw words in Italian ... It 's that your language is pure music. "
aristocrat in the features and modes. Colin is perhaps politically conservative?
"No. Are a very combative liberal. I dream of a world without class divisions. Egalitarian. Tolerant. Livia and I support the association Oxfam Amnesty Survival International. But I'm not anti-American: I lived in America, I appreciate their tendency to change, the courage to trust Obama. I agree with his choices, especially for the environment. "
Let's talk about women.
"I hate the key to the Botox. There is something barbaric, this obsession for eternal youth that alters the faces, humanity and create irreparable damage to the acting, removing any mobility. My colleagues are the myths that are not afraid to show their rughe: Meryl Streep , Emma Thompson . Sono coraggiose come lo fu Giorgio VI”
Cosa l’ha colpita del personaggio e della sua storia?
“Il microfono per lui era il nemico… Eppure seppe conquistarlo. Mi piacciono gli uomini coraggiosi. Il film racconta il rapporto tra Giorgio e il logopedista , l’australiano Lionel Logue , che era anche psicologo. Prima gli esercizi e le sedute, in segreto . Poi le registrazioni dei messaggi , con il medico a ritmargli le pause e i respiri e le parole. Un rapporto che durò fino alla morte del re, nel 1952. E’ una storia di uomini coraggiosi. Il coraggio rende forti : per questo voglio insegnarlo ai miei figli”
He said that being British is. also, a state of mind: she misses London, where it is in the U.S.?
"I miss my home Chiswich, West London. I miss the daily routine with Livia and the boys, Luke and Matthew. Returning to the film, King's speech is also a great love story. The one between George and his wife Elizabeth. My friend Helena Bonham Carter, who plays her, agrees with me "
Another ingredient of the film is the humor ..
"Sure. Among other things, because of the colorful language, both in the U.S. than in Great Britain wanted to ban the film censorship for minors. I fought and won. I must correct: we won in England and lost in the U.S.. I think a crime may not have a story like this for only a few provocative jokes that, in their sessions, they exchange the two protagonists. Should be revised criteria for censorship in the U.S. is an ongoing debate "
How did you prepare for the role?
"studying every aspect of my private and public character. I watched hundreds of photographs. I tried to enter the mind and sensibility of a ruler who did not want to be, that he found that the abdication of his brother David (Edward VIII), in love Wallis Simpson. And there's a personal note ... "
What?
"My sister Katie is a psychologist and therapist's voice and helped me a lot. It 's true that the Queen Mother had requested that the film was made: the stuttering, then won, for her husband was a very private. But I'm sure that if she could see him, he loved our king's speech . Helena makes a perfect portrait, first and foremost as a wife and affectionate mother "
you like having fun with his children?
"Speaking with them. And I love Dumbo, the cartoon does not know how many times I've forced to revise it. I admit I was a little 'child, I will not give up the fantasy. Dreams. I think it's a good thing, not only for the actors. Instead I've ever read to my children, the history of the English monarchy. After all I knew all of rock history and nothing of Windsor "
Humor is part of his character?
"Sure. The moments of healthy humor, especially within a couple, are among the best of life "
When he turned fifty, what is the hope?
I thought "I'm finally old enough to no longer be covered lists of the most beautiful "
Instead People denies all the years .... He and his wife Livia, how did it go? You met on the set of Nostromo ...
"We just met and trovati.Niente courting and the like. Rather used the opportunity to say "Thank you for giving me Italy Livia
It 's true that as a boy he was fascinated by Doris Day?
"Sure. When I was 15 was my favorite actress and woman. To his joy of living "
E ' also true that it is a huge fan of Mad Men ?
"I do not lose a bet. I think is good for men and women is full of ideas, observations costume "
Who are your best friends?
"I have trusted friends that I share with Livia. Nick Hornby on all there: a great writer, an open mind, curious, passionate about music, cinema and literature
And his favorite partner?
'I hate classifications. I appreciate all the actresses I've worked with. Meryl Streep has an energy and skill that you upload. Julianne Moore is a vibrant woman. And then my motto is never complicated. I want to get along with everyone "
The cinema is still an adventure?
"More than ever. At 50 years, I had my first Oscar nomination (for A Single Man, last year) to replicate and risk. Better than before, I would say "
What makes a man happy?
"Art. Italy is my paradise. With the boys are always around museums: Caravaggio, Piero della Francesca, Michelangelo. In the space opera with music Ludovico Einaudi "
And then there are his battles for difesa dell’ambiente , la situazione politica in Congo, la malasanità..
“Mai tacere quando c’è in ballo il benessere proprio e degli altri. Bisogna essere grandi e umili: esattamente come mi ha insegnato il mio re Giorgio VI”
0 comments:
Post a Comment