Thursday, February 3, 2011

Cost Of Clip In Teeth

interview actor Paul Giamatti, "People like me have the right and freedom to grow old on screen, for Tom Cruise is more complicated. No one wants to see them grow old "

We have all seen a movie with Paul Giamatti: he was in Saving Private Ryan, My Best Friend's Wedding, The Truman Show, and in two films by Woody Allen. They remind of those actors in the face, but never the name.

Paul Giamatti is married to the same woman since '97 and a son of 9 years. Paul Giamatti has played with many positive reviews, the version of Barney. A film based on the novel by Mordecai Richler.

La-versione-di-Barney-Paul-Giamatti-foto-dal-film-6_mid

The belly is gone

"It was fake. A trick of foam. No, look, I tend to gain weight in my already, I missed it on purpose to Barney "

He had read the novel before that purport to do so?

"I had vaguely heard of, I had not read. Excuse me, I make a claim I, but it is true that in Italy was a best-seller, a phenomenon "

Verissimo

" But why me? Because I do not understand it. Book is not so easy to sell "

I can not answer. Editor's clever marketing, I guess. And like a lot to people who are opinion leaders, until it has become fashionable.

"I understand. I asked because America has not even been a successful media rankings. Anyway, sorry, we continue "

But she loves Barney?

"Yes, because it has a sharp and sarcastic voice, the kind of humor that I enjoy. I am one who never laughs for jokes and watch comedy programs. The other reason why I like Barney that relationship is complicated, love-hate, with his father "

That, in the film, is played by Dustin Hoffman. What effect did being chosen to star in a film in which Hoffman is a supporting actor?

"I thought that maybe thirty years ago, Barney would have done Dustin. Deve essere una questione anagrafica che hanno scelto me”

Vi conoscevate già?

“No, anche se avevamo fatto un film insieme. Però, appunto , lui era il protagonista mentre io avevo una piccola parte, quindi non ci siamo mai incontrati , nemmeno un ciak in comune”

Che film era?

“Confidence- La truffa perfetta. Un brutto film, non l’ha visto quasi nessuno”

Che parte faceva lei?

“Un poliziotto”

Ne ha fatto molti di poliziotti?

“Non molti , in realtà. Ho fatto più what else the criminal, the bartender, the little ambiguous character. You see my face who inspires it. Do you think in elementary school, starred in Pied Piper of Hamelin and they gave me the part of the odious Mayor. What promises to bring money to the Pied Piper because the rats away from the city and then no longer wants to give them to him "

She was successful late forties. It would have been easier if he was born with a face like Tom Cruise?

"No. Because there is so much competition between the beautiful and the protagonist in a film is one. Instead, there is always a great need for people like me: the loser friend, comrade cell, her husband disliked. Also, people like me have the right and freedom to grow old on-screen, Tom Cruise is more complicated. No one wants to see them grow old "

She is of Italian origin. How is the story of his family?

"The great-grandfather came from Naples to New Haven, Connecticut. He was a watchmaker. His grandfather, who was born already in America, opened a grocery store but it was a bad businessman and lost everything. He went to work at Yale University: it was the worker who was in charge of maintenance of sports fields. But he began to study: he won a scholarship and ended up teaching Italian literature in the same, prestigious university. My father followed in his footsteps: he was a professor "

dustin-hoffman-la-versione-di-barney-paul-giamatti_650x435

And you, how is it that has stopped this tradition?

"I was not quite the scholar. And then, the life that my father did, so quiet and comfortable, always seemed boring. And I chose the theater. I moved to Seattle and started there in theaters off

terrible life. It always rains in Seattle

"I do not mind the rain. I suffered a lot more in Rome, where we shot some of Barney's Version, in piena estate. Faceva un caldo spaventoso . E io, con la parrucca in testa e quella pancia finta”

0 comments:

Post a Comment