Robert De Niro is in the new film by Veronesi "Manual of Love 3".
Mr. De Niro, it is surprising to see her play in the Italian Manual of Love 3. How did Giovanni Veronesi convinced?
'E' was pure chance. While writing the movie, Veronesi had met Danilo Mattei (former actor and Magni Risi, now realtor ndb), which is my friend for thirty years. Through him, gave me the script. I read it, I liked it, plus there was Monica Bellucci. And here we are. You have no idea how many things happen by chance in the movies "
It 's a brand new character for her, a shy and gentle teacher.
"This intrigued me. It 's a man who rediscovers life when he had already given up by falling in love. The passions do not age "
She called on the Italian film festival to Tribeca at the time virtually unknown, by Sorrentino Crialese. Now in Cannes, where he is chairman of the jury, it will remind them in competition, along with Nanni Moretti. Would work with any of them?
"Maybe. I love working in Europe and especially in Italy, for obvious reasons "
roots?
"And food. It 'was in my restaurants in New York? "
understand. Apart from this
"I think your film is underestimated. In America there's too few Italians. I've seen the manuals are very well-written comedies, many of the most beautiful of success in the United States. Actors such as Carlo Verdone Michele Placido and have nothing to envy to international stars. With Veronesi I was wonderfully and now I'm shooting in Barcelona with the Spaniard Rodrigo Cortés. Europe regenerates. Another movie I'd really like here "
Scorsese and Coppola have spent memorable tribute to Italian cinema. Today our young filmmakers, starting with Sorrentino and Garrone, inspired by the Italian-American cinema of the 70 and 80. There is a kind of passing the baton?
"Do not make me complicated questions, likely to have stupid answers. Seriously, it's hard for me to talk about film schools. I worked with Bertolucci and Sergio Leone, and they were very different. So how are different Scorsese, Coppola and Cimino. But it is true that the feeling is the same. I think for them, and in particular for Scorsese, the great Italian cinema, more than a model has been a summer feeling "
Then a stupid question: what will try to get back on set with Scorsese for The Painted House, 16 years from casino?
'Most exciting of the first times. It 's been a long time, and it was right, in deference to the public. We must find a strong story like this of Frank Sheeran (killer of the Mafia, accused of 25 murders, including that of trade unionist Jimmy Hoffa ndb). Collision on the set will be an incredible feeling, "
will still alongside Joe Pesci. It 's true that she and Scorsese have discovered it when he worked in a restaurant?
"He had been an actor and musician without much success and accompanying customers at the tables. Martin and I went to eat there and we're like every time he would be perfect for her role as Joey La Motta's brother, Jack. As long as we talked to the owner who told us ok: ok, but I'll take forever, I did not hold the post. In practice we sold Joe. And I would say we've done a good deal "
What was the engine of that extraordinary group? L? Friendship, the same origins, the same vision of cinema?
"All of this, but especially Scorsese. E 'was he who put together then, I, Joe, Harvey Keitel and others. And it was still after all these years. Scorsese has a strong sense of the group, it could be said of family workshop "
not exist in the entire history of cinema as a happy relationship between a director and an actor, as between her and Scorsese. Perhaps only Fellini and Mastroianni?
"Yes I think the comparison is fair. Mastroianni as Fellini, Scorsese has chosen me as his alter ego on the screen "
As work on the set, Scorsese leaves her free to improvise?
"Yes, indeed, paradoxically, I'm more inclined to absolute fidelity to the script than it is him. I do not like the actors that start at themselves rather than by the words "
E 'loyalty absolute method to Stanislavsky?
"Yes, but I'm not an ideologue of the method. I had a great acting coach, Stella Adler, who detested him, with good reason. But for me it was right. I had to take the taxi license for Taxi Driver, grease thirty pounds for Raging Bull, and so on. Otherwise I would not be able to play well. Woody Allen is right in the end the only rule in life is: Whatever Works "
It 's true that never intended for his films?
"Absolutely. I watch many films, sometimes even in the early morning, barely awake. Ma non quelli dove ho recitato. Ogni volta era un tormento. Mi si aprivano nuovi orizzonti , mi accorgevo che avrei potuto fare molto meglio. Ora sono diventato più tollerante . Infatti sto pensando di prendermi una bella pausa per rivederli tutti, in sequenza, e vedere che diavolo ho combinato in tutti questi anni”
A Sanremo, in tv da Fazio, lei è parso molto pacato. Qualcuno ha pensato a un atteggiamento snob. Chi la conosce dice che è il suo stile
“Non voglio essere un personaggio fuori dal set. Nel nostro ambiente la cosa più trasgressiva è essere normali. Il mondo è già abbastanza pazzo, non crede?”
0 comments:
Post a Comment