Anjelica Huston is the daughter of the great director John Huston, who died in 1987.
What was John Huston's father?
"It was a lot of different fathers. When I was little, he was often absent. Then, when it reappeared, I was his princess and he was my Santa Claus came back from a set with great gifts and wonderful stories. My father had the most beautiful voice I've ever heard, I loved listening to him. But it was also a man with a penchant for dangerous hobbies, he loved hunt and had a good aim. It could be a great playful and extremely serious. And he liked to challenge me want to read "
She liked to play?
"As a child I did it willingly and I danced my brother Tony sang in front of friends and relatives. Dad was proud of us. Only later, when at 18 years ( Hand in hand with the love and the ndb death) made me play seriously, I started to feel embarrassed "
The film was not successful, right?
"Yes, in fact for four years after I went into modeling in New York. Then I was with a photographer, and when we parted, I went to be with my father in Los Angeles were the times when turning The Man Who Would Be King , and had just married "
How convinced her to throne to the movies?
"It was I who decided to meet again, but did not want to work with him. But dad came to me with a book, Prizzi's Honor. He said, "Read and tell me how you felt about this character, Maerose. I liked it so much. Then he asked me "How about if I manage myself and Jack Nicholson is the protagonist?". I was not happy: I had to act simultaneously and be judged by my father and my boyfriend ( Huston and Nicholson had a history of 16 years ndb). The idea of \u200b\u200bworking with both depressed me, but obviously it was a great opportunity "
For that film she won an Oscar: what did John Huston?
"No, but you could tell he was very proud"
time ago said he had a weakness for strong men, who dominate it?
"Yes, but especially at first. Then I did an overdose and I stopped "
How does he behave?
"I was submissive, yes, but I never doormat made woman, who sits silent. I have always fought, because I love the challenge "
E 'as a challenge that has decided to make even the director, and has directed three films?
"For my first directing, called me last, to replace another, and I had a few days to prepare. Then I started to read the autobiography of my father, where there is a chapter devoted to shooting techniques. That book is as if I had wanted to follow, and when I arrived at the house where I lived during the filming, I found a room with one bed and a desk. I put the book on the lectern and opened up a beautiful picture of my father: had sweet eyes and a look of defiance. That 's what guided me. For the duration of the set was talking to him, wondering what I should do, how could I solve a problem. Through the picture he was there, present, and challenged me to do well "
What have you learned from him?
"What do a film is what to wear: when you prepare you imagine what will happen, will the weather be like, what do you want to achieve. Based on this, put in order all the pieces. What if the film is the first story, then the laurels, then the sets and the rest "
How do you choose the actors?
'E' more difficult: the names of major manufacturers today want to hire because they think only about making money, and this only makes the film business and greed "
was different in the days of John Huston?
"Then you could experiment, there was an industry healthier, more choice. And even more fun, better atmosphere "
What do you do now?
"Do not head for years. Now I only do the plaintiffs. Last year I shot a couple of movies in Canada. A dramatic, where the mother of Joseph Gordon-Levitt, a young cancer patient. It is a comedy, The Big Year , a group of birdwatchers. Now I leave for England to make a film for children, Horrid Henry "
A return to Europe of its origins. As recalled by Ireland of his childhood?
"It was like living in fairy tales, with fantastic parents. Then when you are separated, I was sent to school in London, where my mother had moved. My mother and I were very connected, the adored. When she was killed in '69, my world fell apart "
His father had many women: She was jealous?
"I think it was difficult for my mother. Although she too must have had several boyfriends. Their choices were. Certainly the fact that you love her more than made me sad. But over the years I learned a few things. Danny, for example, I thought it was the little brother that my parents had done in a period when they were apart, while Dad turned The Bible. In fact, Danny is only half of my brother. Several years have passed before I found what was going on, who was only son of my father. But now Danny is even more to me than a brother, we love each other very much. There are things that you think will kill you, and instead turned out great and give you the greatest happiness "
His mother also had a daughter, Allegra, by another man. What reports are you?
"We have a close relationship: Dad took Allegra with us even after the death of my mother"
which is the film that his father is more affectionate?
"It 's like asking if you want the best dad or your mother: how to choose? We say that every film has its own music. Asphalt Jungle is classic, the Queen of Africa , that mixes drama and action, to the sound of the river of the film: a slow flow, fast and suddenly it is modern music. The Misfits is jazz, and was probably more in the days ahead of time. Dead-The Dubliners Finally, chamber music, reflects my father at the end of life "
was 1987 and The Dead by James Joyce, was the last time on the set of John Huston: she, who is the protagonist of the movie you know?
"You never know. My father was not well, had been ill for some time. Indeed, had also agreed to shoot, directed by my brother Danny, Mr. North, and I was happy, I thought, until he had a project would not have died. The Dead, however, is a set was magic, we were all locked in a warehouse in the middle of nowhere in the California desert and miraculously there he recreated the Ireland of Joyce, a world that was his, where there were roots. He said that God had done for him, Ireland. On the other hand, Dad loved Europe, and disgusted him the life of Beverly Hills "
About roots: even his grandfather Walter Huston, the son of an Irish father, was an actor. And in turn, won an Oscar in 1949 as Treasury Role of the Sierra Madre , directed by John ..
"My father adored him, the actor said it was best he had known. In what I said, Grandpa had a personality more gentle, less complicated than my father, he enjoyed life. I found a diary in which he told of having met President Roosevelt looked so excited that night at the White House ... I am so happy words of sweetness, an innocence that we lost, "And his
, personality ? It 's simple or complicated?
"The more complicated even than that of my father: I am a woman, and this makes it more difficult"
not going to improve on in years?
"No. The only advantage is that I have never been fixed with the physical, I prefer what I have in my head of what's around. Maybe because I never liked it physically, I always had trouble with my nose "
As a child, her father told her she was beautiful?
"Yes, but did not mean anything. For its part, was not a compliment, it was more a way to criticize me, I always said, "Take off that trick, you're so beautiful, do not do any good." In short, I very gratified "
and his men?
"Jack Nicholson told me a lot, but I imagine that something has struck me, since we were together a long time. My husband Robert instead of me saying "I married the most beautiful woman in the world." How can you not always followed for a man who tells you this? For some time, even managed to convince "
0 comments:
Post a Comment